Baby's now the size of a green olive!Your little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus-hood. Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart. With basic physical structures in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby is kind of starting to look like...well...a baby.
As you squeeze into your jeans and struggle to button your shirt, try enjoying the gain -- after all, when was the last time putting on the pounds was totally guilt-free? It's also probably time for some new lingerie. Your sore, bigger-by-the-minute boobs will feel so much better in a maternity bra.
How far along? 9 weeks
Weight gain/loss: Down a pound from last week, so 146.
Maternity clothes? Not really, but I do have a pair of maternity work pants that I wore once this week. The rest of the week I'm still rocking the bella band and the rubber band through the button hole trick, or wearing flowy dresses.
Stretch marks? Too early (thank God)
Sleep? It's all I want to do, all the time. Unfortunately I get up at least twice to pee during the night, which is lame.
Best moment this week? My first comment about "showing" from my coworkers. It's not really baby obviously, but my stomach is taking on a whole new shape. I decided to just embrace it and rock the maternity pants, and it was awesome.
Food cravings: Cheese, cheese, more cheese.
Gender: Too early. Although I have to say, I constantly refer to this baby as he...when I dream about the baby it's a boy.
Belly button in or out? Too early
Movement? Too early
What I miss? Real coffee
What I'm looking forward to: My first appointment with my midwife on the 9th.
Weekly wisdom: Embrace the bloat. Eat what you're hungry for.
Milestones: I'm starting to "pop" more on the bottom of my belly. You know, the part that's not just beer gut from pre-pregnancy. DH says I'm starting to look pregnant.
Check it out, here I am in my mat pants and all my bloat glory:
Please note:* This shirt is coraly pink, but my iphone makes it look orange
* This is my work bathroom, not a bathroom in my house.
No comments:
Post a Comment