Work drama. I hate to be that person complaining about their job when so many people are getting laid off, but I'm truly miserable at this position. I can't leave until I have something else lined up, so for now I will just have to vent on here about the stupid drama that makes me want to throat punch my boss on a regular basis. And yes, I've heard that shit rolls downhill, but this is just getting petty. My boss takes as many days off as she wants, but when my sister comes to visit on her spring break and I ask for one afternoon off, all of a sudden it turns into a power play where I have to ask corporate for permission? Something I have never had to do. By the way, I have never even had additional "sick" time for RE visits etc, taken out of my paycheck, even after I had gone over the oh so generous 2 sick days and 2 personal days for the year policy. And of of course when I called, corporate said that's fine, why are you asking us? I said I'm sorry if this is out of the blue, it seems weird to me too, but ___ wanted to make sure you knew about it. The fact that this "go make an ass out of yourself if you want time off" request comes from a woman who strolls in at 10 every morning, takes off early, and has at least one if not multiple appointments she has to get to in the middle of the day every week is what amazes me. Are we really going to start tattling on each other to corporate? REALLY? How old are you?
She's also ubber sensitive at the moment because she was out on Monday, (surprise surprise) to show her visiting family around DC (she has lived here for over 10 years, they've been on the tour before) and corporate decided to give out "dead" accounts including some of her's, to other AE's. Now I'm not saying that was the smoothest move by corporate, I'm sure a lot of AE's would have rather asked before just going after someone else's inactive account, and have the same courtesy extended to them. On Monday one of these "dead" accounts sent her an email (Oh yes, she doesn't put up out of office emails, she just has me check her email and answer things for her, so it looks like she is in the office) and wanted a rate quote. So I emailed back. It was a busy afternoon and the client never got back to me, but I didn't think anything of it.
It turns out the client was being called by an AE up at corporate and so he called them to do his trade instead. Now I am in trouble for emailing instead of calling, and for not trying to reactivate this account on my own, months ago. Um, last time I checked, I do not make any commission or bonuses for re-acts, and you the AE, were out having a grand old time while I was doing both our jobs. When I try to do more active marketing and create better materials, I get shut down and told that I was hired to do customer service and administrative tasks, and I shouldn't "waste my time" with that. So sorry boss lady, but you must be crazy if you think I'm going to make your sales calls for you and do all your dirty work and then take the blame for not making YOU enough money. Last time I checked I wasn't hired to pad your wallet with no gains to my own paycheck or advancement in my own career. Or maybe I was, and that my friends, is the whole problem.
I managed to have a pretty awesome week despite all this stupid crap, my sister and my mom came for a short but long overdue visit. They entertained themselves for a few days and saw the monuments and a couple Smithsonians. We all got to hang out in the evenings after work, and then yesterday I took them around in the afternoon to the the botanical gardens and the capitol building before they drove back to PA. And since this is lets go visit the newlyweds in their cramped apartment month, another set of friends is coming over Sunday night and DH is taking off Monday to show them around. Unfortunately spring means another wave of DH is traveling for work again, and he is leaving Monday night, and our guests are leaving Tuesday morning to stay with other friends in the area. On top of all that DH and I are going to see some houses this weekend. The last one we liked was sold in literally 3 days, so with travel starting up for him again, we can't afford to waste time. Seriously though, can't everyone just wait to visit until we have house with more than 1 bedroom and over 1,000 sq feet so we're not stepping all over each other? I can't wait, I'm really excited that besides the job and reproductive sectors, all the other areas of my life are moving along as planned. Hopefully I'll be KU by the end of 2009 after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment