Thursday, January 29, 2009

Deadlock.


When I called DH after my appointment and told him everything, his only question, (God love him for being so supportive) was "Well, what do you want to do?" UHG. If only I knew the answer to that question.

It turns out that this ultimatum is my nightmare and H's dream come true. Maybe I should have seen that coming. The complete control thing is much more his style.

Anyway, we are butting heads about it. H is excited that now we can put of TTC and jump into it full swing whenever we want. Rather than the way were were going, which was well, this may take a while, so lets start now. I agree that putting it off for a few months, even a year would really be ok. We would be more settled, we'd have our new house set up, and we'd probably have a little extra cash. But my biggest problem with this is I know that DH will fall into the trap of never being ready. All of a sudden a little extra cash won't be enough, then it will be onto we need X, Y, and Z, before he's ready. He says that's not true, but I have a hard time believing that.

We talked the entire night about everything that goes into this kind of decision, and we're hopelessly deadlocked. I went to bed exhausted and I'm exhausted this morning trying to rehash everything in my brain.

I'd be happy as a clam to start TTC tomorrow, he'd be happy as a clam to start in 10 years. Now that he has the option to do that, he is unwilling to compromise. I am seriously pissed. I don't know what else to say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment