Tuesday, January 27, 2009

WORK VENT

WTF?! So, I was a Public Relations major in college. I love love love designing layouts, writing, and creating pretty, glossy marketing materials. Not to mention good at it!

Since I've been stuck at this craptastic non-PR related job, I have tried like hell to get my boss to let me revamp her marketing materials. THEY SUCK DONKEY BALLS. They are completely unprofessional, sloppy, and make our company sound like a rip off. (But then again, I am talking about miss anti-technology who can't even use a cell phone, still thinks cold calls and faxes are the best way to get to high-profile clients)

No matter what I try, she is unreceptive, and I'm pretty much convinced that she just doesn't want to admit I can do anything (even if it's what I have a degree in) better than her.

I mean really. Are you that insecure?

On to the reason for this vent:

I'm using the scanner today, and I see a fucking POWERPOINT slide with what I am guessing is her attempt at a fact sheet that she left in there. Um, for one thing YOU DO NOT NEED TO PRINT AND SCAN A POWERPOINT SLIDE TO MAKE IT INTO A PDF YOU DUMB FUCK. And the other thing, you should let me do this for you!

All she wants me to do is handle all the admin stuff, do all the customer service stuff humanly possible, be her gofer, and when things get quiet, make cold calls to try and generate more sales and commission for her, of which I never see a penny.

I have tried to say listen, I would love to come out of this job with some PR related materials to have in my portfolio, and this would be something to your benefit as well and ultimately generate more sales, but still nothing.

At every free moment today my job search is on with renewed vigor. My brain and skills are rotting here. end vent.

1 comment: